- Age / Gender:
- 20, Male
- Québec, Canada
- All Stats >
I am Player.exe (Not Player-Exe or Playerexe), a 2D/3D animator known for Yoki's Story and a couple of random flash movies about Mario and Luigi.
- Community Stats
Level 29 Animator
Ranked as Scout
Contact Info / Websites
The project is going great, and if you haven't heard of it yet you should read this post before reading this.
- The film is made from 24 separate shots, of which 18 (Edit: now 19) of them are already done. If I have the time I could add extra content to the film to make it even better.
- In one of my posts I said it would be around one or two minutes with the credits. I was wrong, right now I already have 3:30 of footage done and I don't even count the credits or the tutorial.
- The animation tutorial at the beginning of Project Thundercloud is done, it's 1:47 long.
- I was not supposed to make a video tutorial, when I made the animation example I wanted to show every step manually for the panel, but when I converted the steps in Swivel (A great software by the way) I rendered them all at the same time. I was not expecting the software to save them all in a single file but it did and I liked the result.
- There's lens flare in it, but I try not to abuse of it.
- There will be two different versions of the movie, but I will talk about it later.
- The entire project is in a 5.21GB folder, that's a lot, but Yoki's Story VI was taking 4.63GB just for the first part.
- The project is in sRGB IEC-61966-2.1, instead of using Adobe RGB like every other project I made before. (Be careful, Flash exports everything in Adobe RGB by default)
- It's very complex to render, enough to make my computer crash by going out of memory even with 16GB of RAM. (No, I don't have a swap file as my laptop has a SSD)
- The editing is still done in iMovie, it's not perfect but it's doing the job.
- Oh, and I'm not just doing the animation, I also made a remix of a theme for the film.
This project is a fun project, scary, but fun. It influenced in part Yoki's Story VI : part I, when Thierry37 recorded the last line of Yoshi ("I do Yoki, I do"), he accidentally played the file in iTunes and the very next thing on the playlist was This Day Aria. It gave us a good laugh, but not as big as when my friends from my school watched the trailer of my movie. I told them a lot about the project, but I just "forgot" to tell them it would be about ponies.
Also, I made another short teaser a week ago. It's not a lot, but I think you should like it.
Outside of this, well, even if I am not working on sprite movies anymore I'm still here to help anybody who want to learn. I will always be there for you if you need my help on something or you just want to talk about life in general.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 304 (From 17 different games.)